FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NAIOP Awards of Excellence Recognizes Best and Brightest in Local Commercial Real Estate Community
Cleveland, May 10, 2023 —the Awards of Excellence presented by NAIOP Northern Ohio Chapter took place on Wednesday, May 10, at a new location, TRUSS Event Center. The annual event recognizes the best projects, developments, real estate transactions, and individual contributions in the commercial real estate (CRE) industry in Northern Ohio.
Over three hundred of the area’s top commercial real estate professionals attended the event. Demonstrating the high quality of work completed, and celebrating design, development and construction successes on various projects completed in 2022. Among the many improvements this year, the awards themselves were again handmade sculptures of art, by Dave Crider Designs. Evergreen Podcasts also joined in the celebrations with interviews of winners and NAIOP chapter leadership. The awards program was followed by a cocktail reception to celebrate the nominees, winners and to network with industry representatives.
Event sponsors were recognized and included Naming Rights Sponsors; Buckley King and Marous Brothers Construction. The Bar Sponsors (who offered signature drinks) were Brouse McDowell, Cushman & Wakefield | CRESCO Real Estate and The DLR Group. We’re grateful for “Properties Magazine” who served as Media Sponsor and Evergreen Podcasts as Digital Content Sponsor as well as Silver Sponsor, HSB Architects + Engineers. Our Bronze Sponsors included The Albert M. Higley Company, Desmone, ECS Midwest LLC, First National Bank and Langan. Many thanks to these generous companies and individuals for their continued support.
Hillary Lyon of Art EverySpace served as the Event Chair, and David Thal of Weber Murphy Fox as Vice Chair. Special thanks to Debbie Berry of Greater Cleveland Partnership who was an amazing event emcee.
Below is a listing of the celebrated winners of each category.
- Buckley King Broker of the Year – Diana Whisenant, Hanna Commercial Real Estate
- Construction Project of the Year – Waterford Bluffs Apartments, Marous Brothers Construction
- Architectural Design Project of the Year – UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Ahuja Center for Women & Children, Moody Nolan
- Interior Design Project of the Year – Great Lakes Cheese Headquarters, Vocon
- Development of the Year – INTRO Cleveland, Harbor Bay Ventures
- Public Art Project of the Year – MetroHealth Arts in Health, Land Studio
- Exterior Renovation Project of the Year – Highland Park, Industrial Commercial Properties and George Simon
- Interior Renovation Project of the Year – MAGNET Headquarters, The Krill Co., LLC
- Rising Star of the Year – Dan Whalen, Harbor Bay Ventures
- Transaction of the Year – Hemel Hempstead, UK Building and Land Sale and Office Relocation, Hanna Commercial Real Estate
- Investment Transaction of the Year – Cleveland Strike Force – Jennings 9, Mark Ray, Ray Fogg Corporate Properties, LLC
- Industry Recognition – Glen Shumate, Construction Employers Association
- President’s Award – Rhonda Winslow, Port of Cleveland
- Lifetime Achievement – Arne Goldman, Marous Brothers Construction
- LIVE People’s Choice Award –The Fieldhouse at Studio West 117th, The Albert M. Higley Co.