FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NAIOP Awards of Excellence Recognizes Best and Brightest in Local Commercial Real Estate Community
Cleveland, May 11, 2022—the Awards of Excellence presented by the Northern Ohio Chapter of NAIOP took place on Wednesday, May 11, at Windows on the River. The annual event recognizes the best projects, developments, real estate transactions, and individual contributions in the commercial real estate (CRE) industry in Northern Ohio.
Over three hundred of the area’s top commercial real estate professionals attended the event. Demonstrating the high quality of work completed, and celebrating design, development and marketing successes on various projects completed in 2021. Among the many improvements this year, the awards themselves were hand made sculptures of art, by Dave Crider Designs . The awards program was followed by a cocktail reception to recognize the nominees, winners and to network with industry representatives.
Event sponsors were recognized and included Gold sponsor;
Walter Haverfield LLP, and Naming Rights Sponsor; Buckley King. The Bar Sponsor was
Cushman & Wakefield | CRESCO Real. We’re grateful for “Properties Magazine” who
served as Media Sponsor and our Bronze Sponsor; The Albert M. Higley Company. Many
thanks to these generous companies and individuals for their continued support.
Hillary Lyon of Art EverySpace served as the Event Chair, and David Thal of Weber Murphy Fox as Vice Chair. Special thanks to Arne Goldman of Marous Brothers Construction who was the event emcee.
Below is a listing of the celebrated winners of each category.
- Buckley King Broker of the Year – Terry Coyne, Newmark
- Construction Project of the Year – CWRU Maltz Performing Arts Center Phase Two, Turner Construction Company
- Architectural Design Project of the Year – CWRU Maltz Performing Arts Center Phase Two, DLR Group
- Architectural Design Project of the Year – Geauga County Public Library – Bainbridge Branch Library, CBLH Design, Inc.
- Interior Design Project of the Year – The Last Page, HSB Architects, Inc.
- Interior Design Project of the Year – Marous Brothers Construction Headquarters, vocon
- Developer of the Year – Premier Development Partners
- Development of the Year – Bendix, Geis Construction
- NEW! Placemaking Project of the Year – Cozad-Bates House Interpretive Center, University Circle Inc.
- Exterior Renovation Project of the Year – Vitamix Museum and Event Center
- Interior Renovation Project of the Year – NS-EY Innovation Hub, City Architecture
- NEW! Rising Star of the Year – Brennan K. Tilow, Hanna Commercial Real Estate
- Transaction of the Year – Diebold Nixdorf Headquarters Relocation, David Leb and Rico Pietro, Cushman & Wakefield | CRESCO Real Estate
- Investment Transaction of the Year – Premier Industrial Portfolio Sales, Kevin Callahan and Spencer Pisczak, Premier Development Partners
- Industry Recognition – Michael J. Sikora III, Sikora Law LLC
- President’s Award – Yvette Ittu, Cleveland Development Advisors
- Lifetime Achievement – Brian Hurtuk, Colliers International
- NEW LIVE People’s Choice Award – 121 Larchmere